Covert Investigations, Community Policing, Gang Stalking.
This information has been newly updated and it's as accurate as I have been able to put together. It's hard to fight something when you don't know what you are up against. The information may change down the line, but for now this is what I have been able to piece together.
What is Gang Stalking
Gang Stalking is a covert government or police investigation that happens in a Targeted Individuals life 24/7. The target is also followed around by Suburban Spies/Snitches.
The civilian spies are usually parts of these community oriented policing programs. Just like with Cointelpro investigations, everyone in the targets life is contacted and asked to be a part of the ongoing, never ending investigation, which is designed to destroy the target over years and leave them with no form of support.
These investigations in part appear to be using Community Based Policing initiatives, along with the Cointelpro and older RED SQUAD programs, that have been around for more than a hundread years.
For the targets of this harassment, gang stalking is seen as a covert, psychological, emotional and physical attack, that is capable of immobalizing and destroying a target over time.
There are now efforts around the world to use something called community based policing. This is more than likely what is playing a large role in gang stalking. "Ruling the community with an iron fist. “Savvy law enforcement types realized that under the community policing rubric, cops, community groups, local companies, private foundations, citizen informants and federal agencies could form alliances without causing public outcry.” Covert Action Quarterly, summer 1997."
Not only is community based policing making a comeback, but police infiltration and repression units often known as Red Squads have also come back full force. These Red Squads ran in many countries around the world.
This form of harassment is also thought to be similar to United States Government Counter Intelligence Program or Cointelpro for short. This was a program used to destroy many activists and dissidents in the 50's, 60's, 70's. Most methods being used in Gang Stalking are things that were used in this program, with a few new techniques. Recently the United States government started looking into proceeding to reopen investigations into the Cointelpro program, because it's become clear that the program never ended.
The modern day harassment seems to be funded at a higher government level, with many local groups or appendages taking part. Because there seems to be support of government and many local citizen organisations, it seems that no one is looking into the illegal actions or activities or these programs, and participants.
Other Names for Gang Stalking
There are many names for this form of harassment, it would also now seem that Gang Stalking is a term that was invented as part of the disinformation campaign that the government is good at putting together while these harassment campaigns are running. Some of the more popular names for this form of harassment have been Cointelpro, Red Squads, Operation T.I.P.S. and now with the new community based policing programs we have names coming up such as: Multi stalking, vengeance stalking, cause stalking, stalking by proxy, organised stalking, organised harassment, group stalking, community mobbing. These are the new names being given to a very old game, that is once again being played by the government on it's unsuspecting citizens.
How are targets chosen?
Targets can be choosen because of many reasons. They can be choosen for political views. They can be choosen for whistle-blowing. They can be choosen because they belong to a dissident movement. They can be choosen because they asserted there rights at work. They can be choosen because they made the wrong enemy. Signed a petition, wrote a letter. They were deemed as suspicious by a member of one of these snitching programs and their names were handed over.
Goals of Gang Stalking
The goal is to isolate the target from all forms of support, so that the target can be set up in the future for arrest, institutionalisation, or forced suicide. Other goals of this harassment is to destroy the targets reputation and credibility. Make the target look crazy or unstable.
Other goals involve sensitizing the target to every day stimuli's as a form of control, which is used to control targets when they get out of line.
These people also want to make the targets of this harassment vulnerable, they want to make them destitute. The secondary goals seem to be to make the target homeless, jobless, give them a breakdown, and the primary goals seems to be to drive the target to forced suicide, just like what they did with some of the targets of Cointelpro.
Who gets targeted
Targeting can happen to anyone, but it's being widely used on minorities, outspoken individuals, whistle blowers, dissidents, people who go up against large wealthy corporations, woman's groups, (single) women, anti-war proponents, and other innocent individuals. The majority of the targets are not aware this is happening to them and it continues for years. Even when a target moves, changes jobs, the harassment still continues. Every time the target moves, the government, or the local intelligence unit of the police will follow them around and start to spread the same lies, and slander to their new employers, coworkers, landlords, etc. *In the case of Anthony Brina (Subrban Spies), he moved from Canada, to China, to Italy and the harassment continued. These agencies are now so connected that if someone is targeted, they can be tracked on almost a worldwide scale.
Who takes part
People from all walks of life are being recruited to be the eyes and ears of the state. People from all races, ages, genders and walks of life. You have your garden variety snitches, you have general labourers, the very wealthy, biker, drug dealers, user, street people, punks, hip hop culture, KKK, black activists, church groups, youth groups, every sector of society that you can think of is a part of this. Eg. Firemen, police officers, lawyers, health care workers, store keepers, maids, janitors, cable installers, phone repair persons, mail carriers, locksmiths, electricians, etc. The ages range from five to eighty five and older.
These government Suburban Spy programs for some is seen as a game of cat and mouse. They see themselves as heroic spies for the state. Some are just power hungry slithering money hungry snitches, who would sell their mothers down the drain, much less innocent people. Other are asked and do it out of a sense of patriotic duty, others are forced to take part in the spying activity.
Some might have started out by taking part in community programs like, Citizen Corp, Weed and Seed, Citizens On Phone Patrol, (COPP), City Watch, T.I.P.S. Many started with good intentions to help patrol and monitor their cities and neighbourhoods. It seems however that some sectors of society are abusing these programs, or some governments are condoning the practices that are being carried out on innocent citizens by those taking part in these programs, just like with Cointelpro.
Many do not understand or care that the end consequence of this game is to destroy a person.
Why people participate in gang stalking
There are many reasons that someone takes part in this activity.
1. Some do it for the sense of power that it gives them.
2. Others do this as a way to make friends and keep friends. It's something social and fun for them to do.
3. Other are forced or black mailed or forced by the State or the police into taking part.
4. They are told that they are part of homeland or national security and being used as part of an investigation to help keep and eye on dangerous individuals.
They come from a variety of programs such as the Citizen Corp, Citizen On Phone Patrol COPP, Weed and Seed, City Watch or some other centeralised government program used for patroling and monitoring cities, such as T.I.P.S.
5. Others are just local thugs or informants who are already being used for other activities, and their energies are just diverted over into these community spy programs. Eg. Some may be given the choice of Spying for the State or the police vs going to jail.
6. Others are told outright lies and slander about the target to get them to go along with ruining the targets life.
A few of the techniques used against targets, click on the following link to find out about the majority used. http://www.gangstalkingworld.com/United/index.php/Main/Techniques
a) Classical conditioning.
Getting a target sensitised to an everyday stimuli. The target over a period of months, or even years is negatively sensitised to an everyday stimuli, which is then used to harass them. It's used out in public to let them know they are constantly being harassed and monitored. Some examples of everyday stimulus that might be used include: sounds, colors, patterns, actions. Eg. Red, white, yellow, strips, pens clicking, key jangling, loud coughing, loud whistling, loud smacking of clapping of hands together, etc.
b) 24/7 Surveillance
This will involve following the target everywhere they go. Learning about the target. Where they shop, work, play, who their friends and family are. Getting close to the target, moving into the community or apartment where they live, across the street. Bugging targets phone, house, and computer activity.
c) Isolation of said target.
This is done via slander campaigns, and lies. Eg. People in the targets community are told that the target is a thief, into drugs, a prostitute, pedophile, crazy, in trouble for something, needs to be watched. False files will even be produced on the target, shown to neighbours, family, store keepers.
d) Noise and mimicking campaigns.
Disrupting the targets life, sleep with loud power tools, construction, stereos, doors slamming, etc. Talking in public about private things in the targets life. Mimicking actions of the target. Basically letting the target know that they are in the targets life. Daily interferences, nothing that would be too overt to the untrained eye, but psychologically degrading and damaging to the target over time.
d) Everyday life breaks and street theatre.
Flat tires, sleep deprivation, drugging food, putting dirt on targets property. Mass strangers doing things in public to annoy targets. These strangers might get text messaged to be at a specific time and place, and perform a specific action.
It might seem harmless to these strangers, but it could be causing great psychological trauma for the target. Eg. Blocking targets path, getting ahead of them in line, cutting or boxing them in on the road, saying or doing things to elicit a response from targets. Etc.
Where does the support or funding for this come from
Though Gang stalking itself is immoral and unethical in nature, it can just like Cointelpro be funded by:
1. Government organisations. These diffuse and disrupt methods can be used on a variety of targeted individuals.
2. Military facilities might be using this also against enemies or on illegal test subjects.
3. Large wealthy corporations. Many are providing support for these programs. Who then will use their influence to have files opened on workers to keep them quite.
What can you do to help
1. If you know someone who is being targeted in this way please don't do along with it. Don't assume that the person is guilty or a bad person. Many innocent people are currently being targeted, and people are being told lies. This form of harassment is not for fun, it's not harmless, and the goal is to destroy the individual over time.
2. If you are aware of someone being harassed in this way just don't go along with the harassment. Educate others that harassment is wrong. Knowledge is power, share your knowledge.
3. You can offer your support to someone who is being unfairly treated, in very small little ways.
4. Direct people to websites where they can get help and assistance.
5. You can send out emails to your friends, family, co-workers regarding the harassment that is silently happening to many innocent people.
6. You can request that your local newspapers or community papers print articles about these new government spying initiatives.
How do participants communicate
Communicate happens in a number of ways. When on the street or in cars patrolling, they use baseball or Stasi like signals.
These include things like tapping the side of the nose, corner of the eye, brushing back the hair 3 times, the infamous double blink, etc.
Here is a list of Stasi signals that the East German Army use to use. Stasi secret police. http://www.nthposition.com/stasiland.php
SIGNALS FOR OBSERVATION
1. Watch out! Subject is coming - touch nose with hand or handkerchief
2. Subject is moving on, going further, or overtaking - stroke hair with hand, or raise hat briefly
3. Subject standing still - lay one hand against back, or on stomach
4. Observing Agent wishes to terminate observation because cover threatened - bend and retie shoelaces
5. Subject returning - both hands against back, or on stomach
6. Observing Agent wishes to speak with Team Leader or other Observing Agents - take out briefcase or equivalent and examine contents.
What resources are there?
There are many resources on the Internet and elsewhere about this form of harassment.
Report: 1. http://www.kersplebedeb.com/mystuff/police/pdq-eng.PDF
Books: 1. Ward Churchill, Jim Vander Wall "Cointelpro Papers"
2. Protectors of Privilege: Red Squads and Police Repression in Urban America
3. Anna Funder "Stasiland"
4. Gloria Naylor. "1996"
5. Victor Santoro "GASLIGHTING How To Drive Your Enemies Crazy "
6. Anthony Brina "Suburban Spies"
7. Stephen Knight "The Brotherhood"
1. The lives of others. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405094/
(A movie about covert investigations in the former East Germany)
Cointelpro: 1. http://www.albionmonitor.com/9711b/policing.html
Articles: 1. http://www.powells.com/review/2003_06_27.html
Websites: 1. http://www.rich-essence.com/